Frittata Con Conserva (Jam Frittata) or Anarchia in un Frittata
zest of 1/4 Lemon (weensy bit)
1 vanilla pod, seeds only
5 tbsp caster sugar
knob of unsalted butter
2 tbsp jam (we recommend early glow strawberry, strawberry balsamic, raspberry balsamic or Morello cherry)
1. Separate the yolks and whites of the eggs, putting the whites in a large bowl and the yolks in another smaller one.
2. Add the lemon zest, vanilla seeds and 2 tablespoons of sugar to the to yolks and whisk to mix. 3. Whisk the egg whites for 3 minutes and then add 3 tablespoons of sugar. Continue to whisk until stiff peaks are formed when the whisk is removed from the bowl. 4. Gently fold the egg yolks into the whites until combined. Heat a 8" frittata or ovenproof pan on medium heat. 5. Melt a knob of butter in pan and add the eggs. Using a spatula or wooden spoon, scrape the sides and bottom of the pan to allow the uncooked egg to flow underneath, about 3 to 4 minutes.
>If using frittata pans:
6. Place the shallow pan upside down on top of the deep pan and cook for 3 to 4 minutes more until barely set.
7. Remove from heat, and set the shallow half of the pan over medium heat and melt a teeny knob of butter.
8. Place the shallow pan upside down on top of the deep pan and flip the frittata into the shallow pan. Cook, covered, for 4 minutes.
9. Flip the frittata back into the deep pan.
>If not using frittata pans:
6. Cook, undisturbed, on medium-low heat until eggs are barely set, 10 minutes or so.
7. Run pan under broiler for a minute or 2, if not set or to brown.
Slide the frittata onto a serving plate. Let stand for a few minutes.
While it rests, heat the jam in a small pan until warm and drizzle over the top. Dust with a little sugar if desired. Cut into wedges and serve, or eat off the plate with jam on your chin.
Serves 2 to 4.
Perfetto! La libertà dalla tirannia Frittata!